IBM Aspera Orchestrator 2.3.5 Release Notes
- Product Release: Dec 23, 2015
- Release Notes Updated: Dec 23, 2015
This release of IBM Aspera Orchestrator 2.3.5 for Linux and Windows provides the following new features:
- Native installer packages are now available for Linux (.rpm) and Windows (.exe).
- Continued performance improvements for high concurrency environments.
- Newer API methods to interact with Orchestrator features.
- Support for authentication with multiple Active Directory or LDAP servers.
- Adds support to monitor connectivity to remote nodes and monitor a work order and subsequently trigger another work order.
Additional Major New Features
- New, easier REST API URL.
- Added a REST APIs for searching a Queue and re-ordering an item in Queue.
- Added a REST APIs for retrieving user task list and submitting a user task.
- JSON support for most API calls.
- Dashboards & Portlets
- Connect Portlet now supports aspera-web4 JS API.
- Ability to auto activate dashboard pages upon assignment.
- Portlet pages will not refresh when refresh rate is negative.
- Queues now display the number of items in the queue.
- Queues can now be auto purged.
- Queues can now be exported and imported.
- Added new Monitor for monitoring remote nodes.
- Added new Monitor for monitoring work orders and triggering another work order based on status - thus providing ability to chain monitors during runtime execution.
- Added export and import capability to all types of monitors.
- Plugin Manager
- Many new plugins to clients build deeper automation in their eco system. Notable plugins below.
- Input Manipulations: Allows extraction of elements from an array or hash.
- Shared State: Allows persist and retrieval of data from Shared State table.
- FFProbe: Allows media file examination via ffprobe binary.
- Ateme Transcoding: Ability to transcode video files via Ateme Titan File.
- ShowMgr: Allows interaction with ShowMgr software via REST API.
- Sub Workflow and User Input plugin executions will not be affected by the next polling frequency of the Engine.
- User Accounts
- Support for Multiple AD configuration.
- Improvements to AD integration in general - better exception handling, better error reporting.
- Workflows and Workflow Designer
- Users can now select all variables in the map outputs screen and values persist now upon workflow publish.
- Dragging and dropping a step on to the canvas defaults the step name to "New plugin step". Previously the value was "undefined".
- Journals screen can now be accessed under the Workflows tab.
- Workflow Designer
- You can now select all variables in the map outputs screen.
- Retry on Failure or Retry on Error requires the step to connect to Failure or Error endpoint, respectively. Users are warned if they miss the mapping.
- A new designer option (a grey grid) is available for users to choose in the designer dropdown list.
- Work Orders and Entitlements
- Allows editing of work step status, status details and output values from Work Step details screen.
- Bulk Restart feature optimizations such has limitation number of jobs run in UI process, confirmation pop-ups, showing count of job and a help screen.
- New entitlement "WorkOrder:view" to allow users with the privilege to see the Work-orders tab.
- Entitlement "WorkOrder:edit" makes work order reset available to user with privilege.
- Entitlement "WorkOrder:run" makes work order re-launch available to user with privilege.
- Log entries for work-step cancel, pause and resume.
- Exposes work-order label on main work order page and on work order detail.
- Orchestrator GUI access redirects to HTTPS.
- Maintenance interval for engine uses either time-based or Heartbeat based, saving systems from non-maintenance during peak load.
- Engine has a protection to restart stalled order when possible.
- Support for preload of workflows, monitors, plugins and dashboards during engine start up.
- New screen to configure values of Orchestrator.yml file from the GUI.
- In Windows installation, the folder locations have changed. Refer to the Admin for details.
- New screen to configure values of Orchestrator.yml file from the GUI.
- Reduction in number of MySQL Deadlock errors - execution queue access changed to avoid possible deadlocks.
ISSUES FIXED IN THIS RELEASE
- RPM Installer post script fixed to not break under upgrades and un-installs.
- Engine should not restart workers killed on timeout as Manager process is doing the restarting.
- Multiple monitors could not added to a monitor groups.
- Fixes issue with using database.yml from var/config/orchestrator.
- Fixes support for work-step cancel.
- Fixes issues in asynchronous workers logic - preventing them to pull a next step to poll when a step is currently being polled by other worker.
- On Journals page, the package view was broken due to a missing file.
- Bug fixes in filter work order and group assigned tasks portlets..
- Restores ability to pre-authenticate API requests.
- Manager no longer restarts Mongrels when GUI operations take longer than usual - Fixes for proxy errors during snapshots taken from the GUI; work order filter on large data; reload all plugins.
- Fix for plugin reload operations not propagating to other ports.
- Fix for taking a snapshot from the GUI.
- Fix for taking a snapshot from the command line.
- Fix for the step information hash (in the Workflow designer) being populated at runtime execution of a workflow.
- Fixes in plugin manager for showing available plugins and upgrading all (upgradable) plugins.
- Fix for dashboard pages where users see "Access denied".
- Fix in Workflow designer, for right click to function and show context menu, when text is edited in Map Inputs screen.
- Replace TCP connectivity test by OS ping for remote node ping test.
- Generate all Orchestrator.yml configuration items for windows environment.
- Multiple plugin enhancements and bug fixes are also available as part of this release. Notable fixes below.
- FASP Transfer plugin exposes file exclusion pattern in SOAP request; downloads files from Faspex when web_root is not /aspera/faspex.
- Rest Request plugin exposes request headers in step outputs; saves response body into a file.
- RSS Plugin allows feed validation to be disabled; allows option to only pick new items.
- Lookup table does not fail in importing an exported CSV.
- Faspex Inbox Watcher does not fail when Faspex server is under maintenance; uses the new Faspex API recently released.
- Elemental Transcoder and iTunes Transport plugins were shipped with incorrect versions.
- All error messages now appear in Red font in the GUI.
- Mongrels on Windows do not restart continuously as in previous releases.
- Workflow designer fails when machine does not include a MAC address.
- Fix for HA installations where ACM and Orchestrator manager were accessing the same file and failure to get the lock led to Orchestrator being restarted. .
#31312 - Upgrading the common components from version 1.2.9 to any newer version deletes the /usr/bin/asctl link. Workaround: Manually create the symlink for asctl at /usr/bin/asctl from /opt/aspera/common/asctl/asctl.
# 21738 - Log export fails while the page is still loading the log.
# 32304 - Having a "\" in the input values of a step causes the workflow designer to not load.
# 33899 - API calls do not provide exit codes other than 200 (HTTP OK).
# 32339 - For large workflows, when scrolled to the right, the context menu (right clicks or double clicks) appears in the left side of the workflow.
# 33904 - Workflow designer when zoomed out display causes tabular display to be misaligned.
# 33903 - When too many dashboard pages are configured the Dashboard tab display is misaligned.
# 33944 - Engine does not start automatically upon license validation.
Linux 64-bit: RHEL/CentOS 6.x
Windows 64-bit: Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012
Browsers: Internet Explorer 8+, Firefox 27+, Safari 6+, Google Chrome 40+
md5: ee70fe03ebdabeb8abc4bfa114f4d510 sha1: 36a1aa819b1089922841c19e88754e0b47e7e2ef
md5: 2a3a81c2e1f80b448af71f8b4c306d47 sha1: 118d72c01334cd5a0106228f4ffc11f006f09a0d
For on-line support resources for Aspera products, including raising new support tickets, please visit the Aspera Support Portal. Note that you may have an existing account if you contacted the Aspera support team in the past. Before creating a new account, first try setting a password for the email that you use to interact with us. You may also call one of our regional support centers.