IBM Aspera Connect Browser Plug-in 3.6.1 Release Notes
Product Release: August 26, 2015
Release Notes Updated: October 3, 2017
Welcome to this release of the IBM Aspera Connect Browser Plug-in. Connect 3.6.1 features drag-and-drop capability in the Chrome browser, as well as maintenance changes and improvements.
ISSUES FIXED IN THIS RELEASE
#32624 - [Mac only] Aspera has fixed an issue in which when usernames included whitespace characters, browsers failed to detect the presence of the Connect plug-in.
#32519 - An earlier release of the Connect 3.6.1 SDK did not correctly preserve metadata tags on transfers. This issue may have resulted in the failure of third-party applications.
#32261 - [Mac only] Firefox 40.x has issues with a number of browser plug-ins, including Connect. The Connect plug-in crashed unexpectedly.
- OS: Windows 7, 8, 10, 2008 r2, or 2012
- browser: Internet Explorer 8 and 9 (with limitations), Internet Explorer10+, Firefox 27+, or Chrome 32-44
- RHEL 6, 7
- CentOS 6, 7
- Fedora 16-20
- SLES 11
- Ubuntu 12-14
- Debian 6-7
- browser: Firefox 27+ or Chrome 32-44
- OS: OS X 10.6 through 10.10
- browser: Safari 6+, Firefox 27+, or Chrome 32-44
PREVIOUS RELEASE NOTES
- Connect 3.6.0 Release Notes
- Connect 3.5.3 Release Notes
- Connect 3.5.2 Release Notes
- Connect 3.5.1 Release Notes
- Connect 3.4.2 Release Notes
- Connect 3.3.4 Release Notes
- Connect 3.3.3 Release Notes
- Connect 3.1.4 Release Notes
- Connect 3.1.2 Release Notes
- Connect 3.1.1 Release Notes
- Connect 3.1.0 Release Notes
- Connect 3.0.1 Release Notes
- Connect 3.0.0 Release Notes
md5: e352842e3712a61e286698904519b37a sha1: d8647019fd1ed4a1b42798ac4396fd32401486f3
md5: c497d3b8c0f5e599730810c16aefcd67 sha1: 8069029bb307f56e8fae811148f076ac9a1f0edf
md5: 09faa72121be8d5e76519b194d2d44af sha1: 10e4ac6d389cbc2e42777e0010b592f88baa50fe
md5: 011224969df3932cdb3658ea4505fb74 sha1: 35c035ad97b5e660bb932eae24edb91ffc2a43c0
- IBM Aspera Connect 3.6.1 User Guide (Windows) [English]
- IBM Aspera Connect 3.6.1 User Guide (Windows) [Spanish]
- IBM Aspera Connect 3.6.1 User Guide (Windows) [French]
- IBM Aspera Connect 3.6.1 User Guide (Windows) [Japanese]
- IBM Aspera Connect 3.6.1 User Guide (Windows) [Chinese]
- IBM Aspera Connect 3.6.1 User Guide (Linux) [English]
- IBM Aspera Connect 3.6.1 User Guide (Linux) [Spanish]
- IBM Aspera Connect 3.6.1 User Guide (Linux) [French]
- IBM Aspera Connect 3.6.1 User Guide (Linux) [Japanese]
- IBM Aspera Connect 3.6.1 User Guide (Linux) [Chinese]
- #32558 and #32631 - The Connect window can incorrectly gain screen focus from another application, or the browser can present an unnecessary confirmation dialog. These behaviors are intermittent and not always reproducible.
- #32554 - [Linux only] The Connect 3.6.1 installation script for Linux is not meant to be run by user root. Further, Connect on Linux may only be installed per-user (as opposed to system-wide). To avoid errors, install Connect per-user, as a non-root user.
- #32446 - [Windows only] If you perform a system-wide installation of Connect, Aspera recommends that you not use the built-in Administrator account for this installation. The built-in Administrator account includes privileges settings that are too high, resulting in various issues in Connect capabilities. Most importantly, your users will not be able to drag and drop files in the Connect interface, in any browser. Instead of the built-in Administrator acount, Aspera recommends that you use a different administrator account for system-wide installation.
- #32402 - [Linux only] There are issues with the automatic detection of available updates for Connect. However, the Aspera web applications (Aspera Faspex, Aspera Shares, and Aspera Console) will alert you if an update to Connect is required.
- #32261 - [Windows and Linux only] Firefox 40.x has issues with a number of browser plug-ins, including Connect, in which the Connect plug-in crashes unexpectedly.
- #32379 - [Linux only] On Linux platforms, you cannot use Connect to drag and drop files.
- #32159 - [Windows 10 only] In Aspera Shares 1.9.1 or older, the button to install Connect may not display correctly. To install Connect in these cases, download the Connect installer from asperasoft.com and then run it.
- #27454 - [Windows only] The format for file paths does not use the slash (/) and backslash (\) characters consistently. This inconsistency can make it difficult to match drops to transfer events. This issue will be resolved in future releases of Connect.
For on-line support resources for Aspera products, including raising new support tickets, please visit the Aspera Support Portal. Note that you may have an existing account if you contacted the Aspera support team in the past. Before creating a new account, first try setting a password for the email that you use to interact with us. You may also call one of our regional support centers.