Aspera Add-in for Microsoft Outlook, 1.3.1 Release Notes
- Product Release Date: Sep 5, 2014
- Release Notes Updated: Sep 8, 2014
Welcome to this release of Aspera Add-in for Microsoft Outlook. Aspera Add-in 1.3.1 is a maintenance release that provides bug fixes and adds support for Microsoft Outlook 2013.
ISSUES FIXED IN THIS RELEASE
- #16596 - If open a new email but then delete an account, emails are now sent with the correct account.
- #27474 - This release of The Aspera Add-in for Microsoft Outlook now supports Aspera Connect 3.5.
- #13704 - When you use the Add-in for Outlook with Faspex 2.6.x, external recipients (that is, users who do not have Faspex accounts) cannot download attachments.
- #12974 - In rich-text mode, the email template doesn't display the package contents correctly.
- #13210 - Outlook / Office 2007 only: If you receive a Faspex message through the Aspera Add-in, but do not have the correct permissions to view the attached packages, you can still open the message, but no attachments will be listed in the Downloads area.
- #15596 - If the total attached file size is less than the Aspera Faspex account threshold, but greater than Outlook’s attachment limit, you will receive an error message stating that the attachment size exceeds the limit. A subsequent attempt to add more files (such that the total size is greater than the account threshold) transfers successfully through Faspex; however, some of the files may also be attached to the notification email.
- #16481 - The format for the Aspera Add-in configuration file has changed in version 1.2. If this file has been modified for Aspera Add-in 1.1, please create a backup of the configuration file before upgrading to version 1.2. After the upgrade, previous changes to this file will be lost and you will need to manually edit the settings in the new configuration file. The configuration file is named AsperaConnectOutlook2007.dll.config (Outlook 2007) or AsperaConnectOutlook.dll.config (Outlook 2010), and is located as follows:
- on Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Programs\Aspera Add-In for Microsoft Outlook\
- on Windows Vista and Windows 7: C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Programs\Aspera Add-In for Microsoft Outlook
- #17284 - The displayed file size in the Attachments list is not correct when the attachment is larger than 2 GB.
- Windows 7 or 8
- Microsoft Office:
- Outlook 2007 (32-bit) with 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 2 (SP2) and the Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 System (KB2584063)
- Outlook 2010 (32- or 64-bit) with, at a minimum, 2010 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Outlook 2013 (32- or 64-bit)
- Aspera Connect 3.5 or higher
PREVIOUS RELEASE NOTES
md5: 05773b7f102b7dda2af0b52fac4cd547 sha1: e89a01e5c1a42edfea74c6805cb860e8313bba92
For on-line support resources for Aspera products, including raising new support tickets, please visit the Aspera Support Portal. Note that you may have an existing account if you contacted the Aspera support team in the past. Before creating a new account, first try setting a password for the email that you use to interact with us. You may also call one of our regional support centers.