Aspera Console 2.5.1 Release Notes
- Product Release Date: Sep 5, 2014
- Release Notes Updated: Sep 11, 2014
Welcome to this release of Aspera Console. Console 2.5.1 is a maintenance release, and also provides the following new feature:
- Checksum configuration option: Aspera Console now includes an option for configuring a file checksum method in the aspera.conf file for a node.
ISSUES FIXED IN THIS RELEASE
- #24529 - Report files are now of the type XLSX, rather than XLS. Filenames still use the .xls extension.
- #26149 - Groups: When there are many paths among nodes, editing groups or deleting nodes can be very slow.
- #21099 - When adding a Windows node to Console, if the administrative credentials provided are for a user who has never logged in to the machine, Console is unable to detect the node's product version. As a result, the node cannot be configured to use SSH Tunneling; and a message is displayed: "SSH Tunneling only supported on nodes running Aspera Enterprise Server 2.7 or higher.”
- #22303 - Scheduled smart transfers that were created before upgrading continue to use the old behavior, displaying dates/times using the timezone of the transfer requester, rather than trying to look up the recipient's time zone.
- #22396 - If email notifications are configured for specific transfer paths on a user’s Preferences > Email Notifications page, these settings are not honored when the user clicks the Rerun link on the Activity page on a transfer that started before Console was upgraded.
- #27236 - Because Console now generates reports of the type XLSX (rather than XLS), any reports you completed before upgrading to this release of Console will no longer be accessible through the web link. However, any reports that were not completed before the upgrade (such as scheduled reports) are unaffected: if a report was configured to generate XLS, when it next runs it will generate XLSX. WORKAROUND: Click Rerun on a completed report.
- #27371 - ADFS SAML users running Chrome 36.0 on a Windows machine are currently unable to log in. Workaround: Turn off "Extended Protection" in ADFS SAML IdP. After doing so, you may at first see ADFS SAML user login failures with an "Invalid SAML response" error and infinite redirects on login. After some time, however, the failures end.
- RHEL 6 or 7
- CentOS 6 or 7
- Aspera Common Components 1.2.11
- Firefox 27+
- Safari 6+
- Internet Explorer 8+
- Chrome 32+
PREVIOUS RELEASE NOTES
md5: c7e6adb37558f6b74add341a4bc49af6 sha1: b4b9c8965275793ef07fd594e81ff8c5f70ab958
md5: 7b1805572e44746f5485a09530a27ad6 sha1: 07bf15879fc773e4d63f0563c3b6f568192692ee
For on-line support resources for Aspera products, including raising new support tickets, please visit the Aspera Support Portal. Note that you may have an existing account if you contacted the Aspera support team in the past. Before creating a new account, first try setting a password for the email that you use to interact with us. You may also call one of our regional support centers.