Product Release: Feb 28, 2014
Release Notes Updated: Feb 28, 2014
Aspera Shares 1.7.3 provides the following new features:
• The ability to perform share-to-share file transfers using drag-and-drop. As with regular Share uploads, share-to-share transfer activity is recorded. Shares administrators can control—pause and resume—share-to-share transfers from the transfer window; transfer status is shown at the bottom right corner of the transfer window. NOTE: Enterprise or Connect Server 3.4.32 is required to use this feature.
• Administrators can enable the auto-creation and authorization of home shares for all users that are added to Shares. A home share is created when a user logs in for the first time after home shares has been enabled. The home share feature applies to all users, including local users, directory service users, and SAML users. Administrators can also choose which node to use for home shares.
• SAML just-in-time (JIT) provisioning for single-user authentication. The following SAML IdPs are known to work with Shares SAML: Pingfederate, Shibboleth, OpenAM, and ADFS.
• A configuration option in user preferences lets users specify the number of files/folders to display while browsing.
• Special files like symlinks, block and character device files, socket files, and files that are not available for transfer (because they are in an archive) are now identified by an icon.
• The creation of a Shares admin account is now a separate installation step and no longer automatic. This reduces the possibility of the installer losing the password.
• General Fixes
• 14519 - The path to a share (relative to a docroot) can be seen by a Shares user. For example, if a user tries to download /file_1 from a share at /docroot/share_dir/file_1, the fasp URL contains /share_dir/file_1 even though the user only knows the file as /file_1. The path /share_dir/file_1 can be seen in the AJAX response from Shares (part of the fasp URL) and in the Connect logs.
• #25041 - Due to changes made by Google to its mail server’s handling of images in email (Dec 2013), the Aspera Shares logo is not displayed in email notifications. Customers not using a gmail server will not encounter this problem.
• #25140 - If you are upgrading from a Windows version of Shares 1.6.x Beta, please contact Aspera Customer Support before proceeding with the upgrade.
Enterprise/Connect Server: A licensed version of 3.3+. Note, if you wish to use the share-to-share feature, you need a licensed version of 3.4.32.
Windows: 64-bit only: XP SP2, 2008, and 2008 R2 with .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, or 4.0.
Linux: 64-bit (RedHat, CentOS) with kernel 2.4 or higher and libc version GLIB 2.3.4+
Browser: Firefox 4+, Safari 5.1+, IE 7+, or Google Chrome
PREVIOUS RELEASE NOTES
For online support resources for Aspera products, including raising new support tickets, please visit the Aspera Support Portal. Note that you may have an existing account if you contacted our support team in the past. Before creating a new account, first try setting a password for the email that you use to interact with us. You may also call one of our regional support centers.